We are all pretty familiar these days with Airbnb, VRBO, Flipkey and other sites that help you find exciting places to stay when you travel or even make some extra money by renting out your own house or maybe just a room in your house.
Since our first stay in an Airbnb listed home in Palm Beach back in February 2014, we have learned so much about managing these properties including fielding questions from prospective guests, reserving reservations, refunding deposits, scheduling cleanings and maintenance, requesting and communicating reviews. We have worked with family members and friends over the past few years and have learned the ins and outs of working with the online rental business. Inspired we decided to list the Secluded Cottage, and a small business was born.
Below are some of the properties we currently manage. The Family Farmhouse, Papa's Cottage, Grandma's House, and the Private Poolhouse are all friends of the pantry.
The "Secluded Cottage" was just sold in Silverhill, AL. This property was ideal for listing on the "rent by owner" sites. It has a garage apartment that would be perfect for renting. Betty rented the main house and used the garage apartment as her home base when guests were staying.
These private homes and properties are all listed for rent on VRBO, Airbnb and Flip-Key.
If you are interested in making some extra money, using these sites but unsure of how to do it or don't want to deal with the red tape involved in getting set up, we at Mathilde's Pantry can help.
We can help with every step of getting you set up to rent your property.
- Getting your property (or room) ready for rental.
- Make sure all safety codes are met.
- Getting set up on multiple rental sites (this includes taking or facilitating pictures)
- Interacting with the guests before and after booking and through their departure.
- Managing any issues that arise with the guests.
- Make sure positive feedback is shared and updated to all of your sites.
- Taking care of all local and lodging tax reporting and filings.
- End of year spreadsheet and hard copies of all returns.